Sunday, January 8, 2012

  For those of you that know me, this is something new that I'm trying. Although I've had my blog set up for almost two years now, I never followed through with it.  For those of you that don't me, let me give you a quick run down. My name is George Kuchenmeister, I am 52 years old, and at a lot of points through out the day, I feel as though I am a complete and utter failure at the game of life. I have my euphoric moments where for a brief moment I convince myself that every thing is ok, trying to mask the reality, no, every thing is not ok.  Some people age very gracefully, some don't. I'm one of the ones that don't. Like I said before, I'm 52 years old, I'll be 53 in a few weeks. I suffer from a variety of ailments, and those ailments are kicking my tail.  I TRY to keep the attitude that no matter how bad I have it, some one else has it much worse.
  After smoking cigarettes for 34 years, on October 18, 2011, I finally put them down for good.  Any one that smokes knows what a feat that is.  Before I quit, I was smoking like a freakin' freight train---almost three packs a day.  I am so glad to be free from that trap.  When I was young, (if your a smoker, I know this is you) I would have people always tell me, you need to quit.  I always thought to myself, "Self, I'm young, I have plenty of time to quit." I quit with the patches, it is possible. The reason I quit this time and failed all the times before was this time, I WANTED to quit. You have to want to quit to succeed.
  Like I mentioned, this blogging thing is new to me, so please bear with it as I become a master blogger. Different subjects on a daily basis. See you tomorrow.

No comments: