Sunday, February 12, 2012

FOOD

February 12, 2012

  This is one of those nights where I am sitting here and can't think of a single subject to write about.  So I'm going to be writing about things randomly as they pop into my head.
  Here in recent weeks I have a new addiction that I'm battling with.  It's growing worse and I believe the only way I'm going to be able to stop is cold turkey.  As hard as cold turkey can be emotionally and physically, I have to stop and stop soon.  This addiction is forcing me to do several extra insulin shots per day, which gets tiring in it's own way.  They say the first step in conquering an addiction is to admit that I have a problem, and I am man enough to do that, right here, right now.  Everyone, my name is George, and I'm addicted to Tootsie Rolls.  I first started a few weeks back by purchasing a small bag in case my blood sugar dropped while I wasn't at home, just to carry them in my pocket, just to have them.  Then one day when my blood sugar bottomed out, I ate my Tootsie Rolls to bring my numbers back up, oh my God, were they good!  Even better, they lasted because they were thick and chewy, I'd let that Tootsie Roll sit in my mouth for a minute, get soft, then slowly chew and taste that chocolate goodness until there was no more.  Now, the Tootsie Rolls are no longer for my diabetic emergencies, now I have to have my Tootsie Rolls.  As I said, my name is George, and I am addicted to Tootsie Rolls.  I  will be seeking help after I finish one more bag that I have in my cabinet.  I promise.  In the voice of Homer Simpson- Mmmmm-Tootsie Rolls...
  I suppose since the subject is food, you know, I'm not exactly sure at what age it happened with me, but I've started to become burned out on eating.  I could honestly care less what I eat, as long what I eat keeps me alive.  I've mentioned before that I attend the food bank for assistance until my disability get's finalized, so I'm actually grateful for whatever it is that I get to eat. it's as though eating is a requirement now, not a joy.  Honestly, I could care less if I eat a bag of Ramen soup or if I'm lucky enough and on a very rare occasion, meat, to me they serve the same purpose, filling the belly and keeping me alive.  I'm not trying to glorify myself by saying this, but I  would much rather see someone who is truly hungry eat before me. I'd be happy with the scraps, and I really do mean that.
  Remember folks, if you do have something that has been sitting in your food pantry for a while, please find in your heart to donate it to your local food bank.  It makes my blood boil to know that some people take advantage of the food banks, and it only hurts those that are really in need.  There are those in need though, that could really use the help.
  Thanks for reading everyone.  I really do appreciate it.  Until tomorrow.  Love. 

No comments: